Check out our SWOC Athletes of the Week from last week…
- Congrats JV and Varsity Owls who defeated Withrow!! JV took the match in three close sets. Varsity took the match in straight sets!!
- JV also defeated Hughes last week.
Cross Country Medals at Taylor:
- Shawn Bell led the way finishing 5th place finish and breaking 18 minutes for the first time running 17:42!!
- Caleb Smiley medaled and had a big breakthrough breaking 19 minutes for the first time running 18:28!!
- Isaiah Hix, Kalel Murray, and Louis Ba who all ran personal bests or close to their personal best.
- Ella Norris earned a medal and dropped 35 seconds from her time.
- Freshman Kelijhana Sanders ran sub-28 (27:21)in her first 5k cross country race which is very impressive and shows her toughness!!
Tennis Victories: Defeated Norwood and Winton Woods. Norwood results…
- Keyila Christon won 1st singles.
- Jill Mullins won 2nd singles.
- Ama’Ria Jackson won 3rd singles.
- Savannah Homa & Gabby Tucker took 1st Doubles for a Senior Night sweep!!
- Gabby Tucker and Savannah Homa won 1st Doubles vs. Little Miami
- Maria Jones and Amaya Person won 2nd Doubles vs. Little Miami
Football Wins in OT:
- Defeated Little Miami in 36-35 OT thriller.
- Brandon Lanier: 152 yds rushing and 2 TDs
- Isaiah Daniels: 123 yds and 2 TDS
- Darius Thomas: 103 yds on 8 carries and 1 TD
Junior High Highlights:
- 8th grade football defeated WInton Woods
- 7th grade volleyball beat Woodward and Norwood
- 8th grade volleyball beat Woodard
- Xander Grimes had a top 20 finish at the Taylor Cross Country Invitational.
Congratulations Ama’ria Jackson who was the 3rd Singles Runner Up in the GCTCA Coaches Classic!